Cleveland Roof ContractorsHow do you know if you have a problem with your home's roof?
It may not be obvious that your roof is needing repair or replacement. In fact, it usually isn't obvious. But if you have water spots on your interior ceiling it may be an indication that you have a leak in your roof. Or if you actually have water dripping inside your home during or after a rain, then you know for sure you have a problem.
You can do a casual inspection of your own roof. You can use a ladder to get up as close as possible to it or stay on the ground and use a pair of binoculars to take a look at it. For your own safety, don't get off the ladder and up on to the roof to inspect it — you don't want to be the person that finds out that you have a loose shingle by stepping on it.
You want to look for:
• Missing or out-of-place shingles which may allow water to get in underneath or between them.
• Shingles that are curled are now more vulnerable to wind and can eventually be torn loose.
• Shingles that are cracked can also cause leakage.
• Shingles with worn-off granules -- the granules are there to protect the shingle from the elements. Once they get worn off, the shingle will age and deteriorate much quicker. You may see an excessive amount of granules in your gutters or where your downspouts empty. Shingles typically darken in spots where the granules are missing. Damage from hail hitting your roof and knocking off granules will usually end up as dark spots.
• Streaks of black or green may be algae or moss growth. These tiny, moisture-loving plants can slowly destroy your roof. Most Ohio residents have trouble with them only on a shaded, north facing part of their roof.
The average Ohio shingled roof may last 10-25 years. The life of these shingles depend upon a variety of factors, including the quality of the shingles themselves, the quality of the installation, weather and exposure to individual storms are the major factors. If you know the age of your roof and the quality of the covering, you may have a pretty good idea if it's time to replace it.
Once you've determined you may have a roofing problem, you should call in an expert to give you their professional opinion. If you want, they can also give you a detailed estimate on what it would cost for them to either repair or replace it.
Here are a few local professionals:
Brad Smith Roofing is a local contractor serving homeowners and property managers from Cleveland to Lorain. They do all types of projects including complete tear-offs, reroofing jobs, work on ice back-up and attic ventilation systems, gutter installation, chimney work and roof inspections.
American Roofing is a full service company that performs new roof installations, restoration, routine maintenance, re-roofs and emergency repairs. They are also experts in installing and repairing ventilation systems.
Franciscus Roofing is a family operated roofing contractor that is now one of the largest residential and new construction roofing services in Cleveland and the Northeast part of Ohio. They will do complete tear-offs, re-roofs, repairs and seamless aluminum gutter installation.
Get Quotes From These Companies
Cleveland roofing contractor you may explore this suggested group of good local roofing companies.
Roofing business in Cleveland if you want to explore their competitive asphalt shingle or cedar shake installation available by this professional asphalt shingle provider working in your town.
Cleveland Ohio roofer to check into their reliable emergency roof leak repair available through one popular shingle repair or replacement business serving your suburb.
Cleveland roof contractor is a good place to start when you are looking for a quality local company to repair or replace your roof at your home or business.
Contacting us provides our website's email page.
StormDamageRoofRepair.com can get your home's exterior fixed after a bad wind storm.
Have you considered becoming a roofer or other type of construction professional? Maybe a different type of trade? You can learn about different types of career training from a variety of local schools at a website such as this one. You can learn more about what your local options are, what your time commitment will be and what the careers are actually like.
Copyright© 2016 Cleveland Roofing Company.com All rights reserved.